By Mary Jane Thornburg
When my sister, Mary Jane and I get together the rest of the family can look forward to being well fed. We love to cook and we are adventurous, making up our own recipes. Recently I brought a jar of Classic Country Food’s Frog Jam to our gathering and challenged my sister to come up with a recipe.
It was one of the most flavorful pork I have ever had! Give it a try! Denise T. Hitchcock
Winter is a perfect time to roast a pork tenderloin. The flavors of lemon, apple, fresh ginger bring out the natural flavors of the pork. Adding Classic Country Foods’ FROG jam (Fig, Raspberry, Orange, Ginger) on top adds a yummy glaze to the roast.
Pork Tenderloin (about 4 lbs)
½ cup of Italian dressing
Juice from 1 lemon
1 tablespoons Lemon Zest
1 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
1 small apple (any kind)
½ Cup Classic Country Foods FROG Jam (Leave some for your morning English Muffin)
1. Marinate Pork Loin in Italian dressing, lemon juice, lemon zest and fresh ginger for 2-3 hours. (It can marinate longer if desired)
2. Slice apple and place at bottom of foil lined pan.
3. Place tenderloin on top of apples. Include marinade in pan.
4. Bake at 350 for about 40 min.
5. Remove and brush with juices, then spread ½ cup of FROG jam on the top of the roast.
6. Return to oven for another 15 minutes. (Or until meat thermometer reads 160. This is usually about an hour, but can be longer if meat is thick).
7. Remove and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
8. Use juices over the roast to add extra flavor.
9. Serve FROG jam on the side for extra taste.
Simple and easy. You can add FROG jam at the start of the cooking if desired.
Denise T. Hitchcock